A way of cooking chicken in a somewhat Moroccan style
- Chicken parts (I used 9 thighs, bone-in)
- 1/2 c. olive oil
- juice of two lemons
- 2 tsp paprika
- 4 cloves of garlic: smashed
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp coriander seeds
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp chile powder (I used Chimayo)
- salt (to taste)
- One could also add a bit of cinnamon & black pepper, but we tend to avoid using these (as well as tofu) since the have been proven to be migraine triggers.
Toast cumin & coriander in a cast iron skillet until slightly browned. Grind seeds and add to other ingredients. Place chicken parts in a zip-lock bag or a covered flat dish, making sure the parts are covered. Refrigerate for at least one hour.
One may grill them to taste, but I placed mine in my smoker with an applewood fire and slowly cooked them for approximately 3 hours.
We served these to guests along with three salads; green, rice, & fruit.