I’m working on a wet rub for the shoulder clods. I’m testing this today on a small sirloin cap roast:
- 1 reconstituted Ancho chile (seeds removed)
- 1 reconstituted dried chipotle (seeds removed)
- 1/4 cup smoked paprika
- 6 mashed garlic cloves
- 1 tbs ground comino
- 1 oz Mexican oregano (find this at La Milpa)
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tbs kosher salt
- 1 tbs achiote/annato extract
- the juice of a lime
- beer (as needed to add fluid)
I ground this up in my small food processor into a paste. Fairly pungent stuff. Will add photos..
Here’s something from one of my homies. Seguro que hell yes! Time to crank up the smoker, compas!
Here’s the smoker in action:
The sirloin cap just out of the smoker after 4 hours.
A taste test..
I think I’ll do this as a dry rub.. I have ancho & chipotle in powdered form. May need to hit Penzeys for granulated garlic..